Wednesday, December 3, 2008

The Wii is Evil. Or, Why I've Decided to Stick With Xbox

So there I was, perusing the video game section of my local Best Buy, attempting to make selections for my upcoming holiday wish list. I spotted the Wii from across the aisle, and it called to me. It said "Emily!Come and try your hand at my games of skill!"

And so I approached, intrigued by its nun-chuck-like controller. I attempted first the game of virtual bowling, reasoning that I could fare no worse than in my real life trials. Ah, but I was wrong!For the mischievous Wii had branded me a southpaw, and my struggles were many. I watched time after time as the ball listed slightly to the left and ultimately landed in the gutter. And the Wii mocked me, and taunted me to try again.

Broken and bruised, I navigated back to the Wii menu (a brutal task in and of itself!) determined to defeat the infernal machine at something. Surely baseball, I thought, would find me victorious. Oh, my misconception! I meandered up to the plate, still battling a left handed handicap. My foe pitched the ball, but alas, my view was impeded by the bat. After striking out several times, I again returned to the Wii menu, licking my wounds.

"I'll best you yet!" I warned the devious console as I selected tennis. The ball was served, and I swung vigorously. Perhaps too vigorously. I suddenly found myself entangled in a wretched cord attached to the Wii. The clever demon had imprisoned me! Then, as if to throw salt in my wounds, a young child began to laugh as I tried to free myself. I escaped from the grasp of the devil just in time to save my hide, and live to tell the tale.

So be warned, and take heed! Be wary of the temptress Wii, and keep your distance, lest ye fall victim to its enticing death trap.

1 comment:

Glenn Block said...

Did you try going to the setup screen to change from left to right? :-)

I recently got a Wii and I have to say I love it. I also have an XBOX 360 which has truly incredible graphics. With Wii you get it for the experience. My wife who literally hates video games, loves the Wii.